J. L. BELL is a Massachusetts writer who specializes in (among other things) the start of the American Revolution in and around Boston. He is particularly interested in the experiences of children in 1765-75. He has published scholarly papers and popular articles for both children and adults. He was consultant for an episode of History Detectives, and contributed to a display at Minute Man National Historic Park.

Subscribe thru Follow.it





•••••••••••••••••



Thursday, August 13, 2009

Dispatch from My Virtual Life

I managed, after a pointer to the right method from Kevin Levin of Civil War Memory, to get Boston 1775 posts fed into my Facebook page.

In addition, I’ve started posting on Twitter, though that site seems more useful for breaking news than centuries-old news, and for superficial personal observations than for considered analyses.

On the incoming side, I’m finding Google Reader to be an easy way to keep up with other blogs. Easy because I’m already signed onto Google through Blogger.

No comments: